Getting stranded on the side of the road in the cold is no fun
Mayfield Motorworld’s Top 10 things to check in a service to ensure your car is safe and reliable for Winter conditions.
- Have your Antifreeze tested. It is important to run a 50/50 antifreeze mix in most climates, except in extreme cold.
- Have your charging system checked. Cold weather starts make the vehicle battery work much harder.
- Change your oil and oil filter. Clean, high quality engine oil goes a long way in protecting the motor in cold start situations. Use the oil recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Visually inspect all lights. Making sure all lights are working is important in those wet & dark conditions.
- Tyre Tread condition & Wheel alignment. Winter driving requires good traction in ice and slippery conditions. Quality tyre tread sheds the snow, ice and road grime more quickly, providing better traction for improved safety. Check your tyre pressure regularly, especially in colder temperature.
- Have your engine’s belts and hoses inspected. Cracked, frayed or worn out rubber won’t stand up to temperature extremes.
- Visibility is key to your safety. Make sure that your wiper blades are in top condition, to fully clear your windshield. Wiper rubbers deteriate due to our dry weather conditions.
- Check the Air Conditioning. It is important to maintain a properly working a/c system as it dries the air entering the vehicle & is essential for demisting windows quickly.
- Test your brake fluid. Brake fluid readily absorbs moisture. Change brake fluid regularly to obtain maximum braking efficiency.
- If all else fails call us on 03 577 5335.